Tuesday 9 January 2007

What Of the Bush...

Wow, what can I say guys...I have had 6 days of full on travelling, camping and walking round some of Australia's most phenomenal places. Here's a quick run down of where we've gone, and what they mean to me:

Day One
  • Alice Springs - Middle Of Oz, small but kinda cool & weird.
  • Kings Canyon - Whats can say its a canyon, which we walked around - and I nearly died! 41 degrees in the shade, not a time to do a 5.5 Km walk.

Day Two

  • Uluru - A rock, but a big, cool rock. 11km base walk, Dreamtime stories which the aboriginals study and a few stories which I made up! Hilarious ;)
  • KataTyuta - Lots of little rocks, but kinda cool

Day Three

  • Coober Pedy - Opal capital of the world, underground houses, F**king roasting but kinda interesting place

Day Four

  • Rawksley Park, Flinders Ranges - My favorite, just like butt split mountain - if I never see anywhere again then I will be happy! If i do see somewhere again then it would be here - kinda makes sense in a what are you on about kinda way! Lost my voice somewhere here.

Day Five

  • Parachilna - Population of 6, nothing there but a pub - what can i say folks its all you need. Liked it really liked it! Also tried camel sausages, emu burgers and kangaroo steak - tasty!

Day Six

  • Hawkers - No idea, just a train station that was heavily used during the second world war
  • Wilmington - Broke down here for 4.5 hours, had a great steak sandwich.
  • Adelaide - Got here at 11:30pm - looks good! Found my voice here in my shoe!

It's been excellent, I could do detail overkill but to be honest the above covers the essentials and if any of you guys do the same I wanna leave a bit to your imagination. One hint dont forget to have enough water - Jesus....

No comments: