Saturday 10 February 2007

12 Songs

I've decided to formalise the insanity which is my love to creating new song titles by establishing a list of 12 song titles that will one day become an international best seller! "I know" - How exciting ;)

I've decided to start us off with a lovely little number I conjured up last tuesday when using a pedestrian crossing that connects the end of the Glenelg tram line and the beginning of Victoria Square's pedestrian pathways in Adeliade's CBD. The song's called "I found Mekka in the middle of the street". Yeah, yeah..wait ...i know...it makes it sound like mekka is something that is that easily identifiable, like a big red round ball, with the letters printed right across it. But come on, lets smooth the edges here, if we can't be a bit silly then why would I even have been born - wait, does that mean i'm a joke?? :S

I thought we could start it off by using the sound sample we took when in Dubai of the locals being called to prayer, then we enter into a Madness-esk Ska style verse....think its sounds like things that dreams are made of! I'm thinking we could kidnap the animator from the Gorillas and get him to do some funky animation depicting the whole song as if we were all banana people - you know yellow and really niave like the smurfs.

Lyrics are welcome aslong as they contain profane and non-sensical words which aim to cut as close to offending, but not, as possible - in order to push the boundaries of what is politically correct for us to say.

How does it sound? Awesome!

Note: In particular I'll be thoroughly disappointed if Father J can't oblige with a good few lyrics for verse one. I know you have the power within you Father J - release the madness.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Looking to creative collaboration on the song hopefully fuelled by a lot of alcohol!

ManInOz said...

Sounds awesome! I bring some props to inspire us - thinking a big red ball and some bananas.

And indeed yes...I purposfully made it only the one ball to ensure we kept it clean lol.

Not to say that we could go for mutants though!...lol ;)